I haven't been updating for more than a week! I was quite busy with the 'Program Pendedahan Sebagai Seorang Doktor' provided by JPA in Muar Hospital (Hopsital Pakar Sultanah Fatimah). Surprisingly, among my friends only Queenie and I applied for Medicine... I know it's hard to get the scholarship, especially for us who applied for Medicine, but still, it doesn't hurt to give it a try...
So the first day we gathered in hospital at 9a.m. There were 24 of us that day (one was absent). And the nurses started to brief us (blah blah blah), sorted us into 4 groups of 6 people each. In the afternoon, and my group were left in a ward to observe. The interesting part only started the next day. We were brought to the O&G (Obstetric and Gynaecology) clinic and ward. On Wednesday, we went to the A&E (Accidents and Emergency) and Forensic part. And then on Thursday, Surgical ward and Psychiatric clinic... Friday (the last day), Orthopedic and Otorinolaringology (E.N.T-'ear, nose and throat' actually, I had a hard time trying to pronounce the name, haha).
Well, overall, I saw quite a number of procedures carried out by doctors and nurses, although some weren't 'enjoyable'... I think it's a good visit. At least now I have a clearer idea of what doctors actually do in hospitals. Even if I don't get the scholarship, the visit itself is a gain for me.
2 comments:
wah,really fun wor!! and a vry good experience.. I hope i can go through this also if i have the chance..Anyway,Dr Tai u must kampateh ya!!
Not sure I'll be doctor yet... maybe I end up a Pharmacist or something... don't give me pressure!!! Haha, but anyway, thx...
Post a Comment