Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Here comes the 2nd year (+ České Budějovice)

Every year in med school is a big hurdle. We're not competing against each other (at least I think so), but I have the feeling that we're in some kind of cruel survivor game. So here comes the 2nd round...

Before school started, I had one more chance to escape Prague. But this was definitely not the only reason I went to České Budějovice with Adeline and her friend studying in UK, Kareena (correct me if I'm wrong =p). I genuinely wanted some fun with friends, and to see more of Czech Republic! ^^ Honestly, České Budějovice was just a small town. It has no grand castles, but some colourful buildings in the centre. The weather wasn't good for photo-shooting, and I didn't charge my camera before I went!! However I'd still say it was a nice day out! It was good for relaxation where we could walk and talk and take photos slowly XD. (Thanks Adeline for ajak-ing=D)



Back to the arena of cruel survivor game Prague. Yesterday was officially the first day of school, but guess what? There was no class!! All the classes are starting in the 2nd week. So I'll have 1 lecture later, then another tomorrow, and --- the end of the week!! Hehe... But really, I regret being not very attentive in lectures in my first year. I always assumed that knowledge can be found in books, but I've learnt to not trust books completely. I had problems with being alert during lectures, and I promised myself to work on it this year... Give me moral support please?? =p

Success in first year doesn't guarantee success in 2nd year, neither the 2nd's guarantees the 3rd's and so on... but I'm truly thankful that I'm here today, getting ready for 2nd year. It is a blessing. A gift. No tough doctors can be trained without trials. Hm... right?

I'm thankful for what I am and what I have, but I can be better. Much better. I want to grow in academic, in maturity and character. This is going to be tough and painful at times, but cheer me on, ok? =p

Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test.

No comments: