Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Karlovy Vary trip

Having not visited any other countries this holiday, I joined Agnes, Estella and Ye Ling on the day trip to Karlovy Vary, a town which is famous for its hot springs. 



It was a nice day for walking around this small town along the river, sunny yet windy. The scenery was nice with the neat and colourful (as compared to Prague) buildings everywhere. The hot springs with different names, and apparently, different mineral contents were found in the colonnades. Decorated glass cups were sold to the tourists, who used them to taste the water from these springs. There were a lot of "medical centres" which provided balneological treatments to customers. I also found out that the "Spa Wafers" I brought home to Malaysia originated from this spa city. I used to wonder what did they have to do with spa...




It really was an amazing day out. These few days were helpful in unwinding my tensed mind, giving me some relaxation and exploration I've been craving for!


MORE PHOTOS


About Karlovy Vary - 1 and 2

1 comment:

ste said...

so worth our time and ca$h!! can't wait to discover more czech jewels.