I've heard enough of failures these few weeks. Unfortunately, I'm sure this is not the end of it. Surely more are to come. As surely as the sun's going to rise tomorrow (unless the world ends tonight).
I felt bad hearing these. I felt upset knowing that my friends have tried their best yet this was what they got. I felt sad because I knew failing an exam gave a terrible feeling, not to mention, many of them had to experience this more than once, some have to repeat year, some... might have their scholarships terminated. This, from my humble opinion as their friend, is nothing but unfair and cruel. They're probably feeling bad, but they're brave. I couldn't have coped better than they do.
I pray that they have the strength to face these giants in life, that there's a greater good waiting for them somewhere in the future, and that they're embraced by comfort from faith despite the challenges.
There's no way we could know the greater plans. We can only believe.
I've been repeating to myself lots of times: "I've chosen this. I wanted this". And come to think of it, that was only half of the truth. The whole truth is, I chose it, AND I was given it. I've always believed that I'm not where I am purely out of accident. There were incidents that, when I think of them now, pointed me towards Czech, started even before I knew my SPM results. Call me superstitious or anything, I never stop believing this.
In fact, I believe nobody is where he/she is without a reason. And this reason, I believe, is for our own good.
[Quoting a friend] The night is dark and cold and long, but at the end of each night there's always a hopeful dawn.
No comments:
Post a Comment