
I've watched 'The Golden Compass', and I must say (though I don't feel like admitting at all), it's more interesting than Harry Potter. It's definitely much better than Narnia in 2005, which I think was a bit 'childish'. The visual effects were fantastic. Many of the scenes were magnificent, especially in the North Pole. Not to mention, Lyra's Compass/Alethiometer is really cool...
Dakota Blue Richards was good. She didn't seem 'fake' if compared to other child actors. And, the daemons were so cute! They looked so lively, thanks to the latest visual technology. I love Lyra's daemon, Pan! 
Sorry, I'm not good at writing movie reviews, but one thing for sure - I can't wait to see the next. I was quite disappointed when the story just ended like that.
Dakota Blue Richards was good. She didn't seem 'fake' if compared to other child actors. And, the daemons were so cute! They looked so lively, thanks to the latest visual technology. I love Lyra's daemon, Pan! 
Sorry, I'm not good at writing movie reviews, but one thing for sure - I can't wait to see the next. I was quite disappointed when the story just ended like that.
Oh... I forgot to mention, I watched the movie in KL. Cinema in Time Square. After the watching the movie, we we went to Times Bookstore. That, is what I call bookstore. There were so many books! I've bought 3, only, because I only had RM130 with me. After reading My Sister's Keeper, I wanted to try other books of Jodi Picoult, so I bought The Pact and Nineteen Minutes. I hope they're as nice as My Sister's Keeper. After buying the books, we walked, walked, walked and walked. We walked from Time Square to Pavillion. I wished I was wearing sport shoes, not sandals!! Then we continue to shopped. My legs were painful that night! Shopping really was a tiring exercise...
Unlike Muar, all the the shopping malls were decorated for Christmas. I liked the white christmas tree in Pavillion the most. Why was (and is still) my camera spoiled??!!
By the way, my cousin has bought me a 2008 calendar of Order of the Phoenix! That was really an unexpected gift. Thanks!!

No comments:
Post a Comment