Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dissection test

Summer dissection course did end good. Our class was the only class to be examined in the morning. Our examiners were Professor Grim (the head of Anatomy department), Professor Sedmera (a really friendly, funny and nice lecturer) and Professor Eliska (our assistant was rather irritated when she heard the news that he was one of our examiners, and I think you've already guessed why).

The main focus of this dissection were internal organs and neck and head anatomy. Turned out most of us didn't pay much attention to limb muscles. However almost everyone got asked about those muscles this morning. Luckily I did go through at least once. I wasn't too good in answering those questions but I guess I met the 'minimum requirement', hehe.

Professor Grim was nice indeed. He smiled when I answered wrongly, smiled even more broadly when I answered correctly.

The '-' after the 'A' isn't too perfect but, it's an A afterall. Things could turn out worse, for example, I could have been examined by Professor Eliska, but I wasn't. So, that's a good enough reason to say 'yay!'. =)

Some friends weren't so lucky. They were asked a lot of clinical stuffs which we weren't taught about. Some of them managed to get through it, even though the grade wasn't very good, one unfortunately didn't. This proves even more that, luck DOES matter.

A particular person to be thanked would be our assistant Lenka. She's a 5th year student who's really good in Anatomy and dissection. The cadaver she, together with her boyfriend Martin, a super patient guy, dissected was so good that it's going to be a specimen! (so I heard)

And of course I haven't forgotten, whom to thank for my good luck during the exam. Thank you! =D


Update: This was how our house looked like after one afternoon of discussion for Anatomy dissection test. Ian, Adeline, Vincent and Hong Yih joined my housemates and I at our house.


No comments: