"There is a time and a season for everything. It may be a time of new beginnings, a time of growth, a time of reaping the harvest of hard work, or a time of rest. Trust this beautiful order. Everything in its time."
I received this short message from a Facebook application today. It did make me think. Stray quite far from the original meaning of the above message though.
There's a time to meet. There's a time to leave. I once read an article saying that everyone comes into our life for a purpose. That person could be a stranger whose purpose in your life is just to hold a door open for you, or give you an encouraging smile when you're drowning in sorrow, and then he/she will disappear in your life forever. He/she can also be a companion to walk along with you, laugh with you, dry your tears when you cry, hear your complaints, or simply be there. Could be a few months or years. But when his/her purpose in your life is done, he/she's going to leave. By what means, we don't know.
I guess that article was to remind us that we should appreciate everyone in our life. However, I always feel a twinge of sadness mingled in the appreciation.
Everyone's going to leave. No matter what.
There's a time for this, yet we don't know when and how. We only know that the time WILL come.
This leaves me an empty feeling. Humans hold on to things and people that are dear to them, but it's like holding sand in your fist. They escape bit by bit.
I really hope that those difficult times and seasons wouldn't be too harsh for me. May it be natural and gentle, instead of dramatic. And may I have the strength to sail across it, and be able to smile at the memory when I ever look back.
I know it's weird to say these things out of nowhere and no clear reasons, but at the same time I know that one shouldn't wait to show gratitude and love. So to everyone who's reading this, thank you. Even if you've hurt me, even if you've done things against me without my knowledge, even if you've left me, even if you're going to leave me, even if you made me cry. Everyone of you left some trace in my life. Thank you. =)

Trust this order.
Everything in its time...
3 comments:
人间有如恒河流沙。人于人之间的相遇,相知,直到别离(不管是生离或死别)就是靠那一份“缘”。既然不能洞悉未来,就要好好地把握当下,珍惜眼前(人)。。。。。。
Ecclesiastes 3
1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Thanks. =) Isn't doing the right thing at the right time a difficult lesson? I believe it's not impossible though ^^
Post a Comment