Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Dissection's here!

The dissection course for summer semester is starting today! Naturally dissection is one of the most exciting part of my life as a medical student so far. Imagine, all the theories and pictures in books are seen real on cadavers! Somehow, dissection is the part that makes me feel closer to REAL medicine, something beyond books. Of course there must be huge differences between a cadaver and a living human body... but dissection gives me motivation, that someday, even though not in near future, someday I'll face a real human body, be able to fix something... =)

The memorizing part is no fun, frankly. I've probably mentioned it before, that listening isn't really my type of learning method. I end up having to put in extra 'energy' to focus so that I can catch what the demonstrators are saying. One hour of focusing is fine... 2 or more I start to feel exhausted. Not to mention, having to revise and get ready for next day's dissection after coming back home. @_@

And how could I forget to mention, the 'excitement' of the oral test (31st March) that follows the end of dissection course? I was indeed lucky last time. Professor Grim (the head of Anatomy) was really nice and I was given a relatively easy question. This time? I certain hope so, hehe.

So, wish me good luck! Hehe... Got to get some sleep now, and be ready for these interesting, exhausting and stressful 10 days =p

No comments: