Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Clockwise or Anti-clockwise?

The illusion has been incorrectly identified as a scientific personality test that supposedly reveals which hemisphere of the brain is dominant in the observer. Under this unproven interpretation, it has been popularly called the Right Brain–Left Brain test, and was widely circulated on the Internet during late 2007 to early 2008. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spinning_Dancer]



I suppose you've seen this image, haven't you? I got this via e-mails before, and no matter how hard I tried, she's turning clockwise. Just now I saw it again in my friend's blog(http://www.z-yang.blogspot.com/). I tried to see the other direction, and I saw it! I can see two directions now! Does it make me a 'balance' person? Haha. What do you see?
If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

last time i became confuse when i saw both ways of turning. then i knew that this is normal when i scroll down the page. feeling happy too bcoz i can see both ways, haha. good luck everyone!