Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Decision

I guess now I get along well with classmates. What gave me an headache was Physics. I knew all along from form 4 that I wasn't going to like Physic and be good in it. I couldn't catch the concepts. What I did for SPM was just trying to remember the exercises that I had done and hoping that the similar questions would come out in exams. It was only the first 2 chapters and I already had a miserable time understanding the lessons. To be more precise, I didn't understand at all.

I dropped the subject. According to the counsellor, universities in UK, Aus, India (and those top universities) do require Physics for Medicine, but there are universities which don't (for example, in Ireland, Czetch etc). And, to be honest with myself, I can't possibilily go to UK or those top universities to study Medicine. It's far too expensive. All I need is a university that would make me qualified, and then what I really need to be a good doctor is what I do after university.

Although I felt so relieved when I dropped, I couldn't help thinking that I'm lack of something in my characteristics - perseverence. I always drop when I can't cope. I'm not proud of myself with this.

I'm starting to doubt my ambition to be a doctor. I can see that I'm not emotionally strong. I got upset, frustrated easily. I worry for little things. How am I going to save those who worry for the matter of life and death?

4 comments:

sheay's said...

No one is perfect, no life is without challenges, difficulties and uncertainty!

You dropped after you realised that it's no suitable. Why on earth you wanted to spend time doing something that may caused you despair and failure? isn't is more practical to let go of the "weakness" and focus/ concentrate on your "strength"?

One will change when time goes by... you think better when you get older; you see clearer when you observe and understand others... life is never stagnant... live up to it... I am sure you can make it if you really want to.. :)

Anonymous said...

Now u must not still think of physics, u must concentrate on others. May be others will get 50% in physics n 50% in bio. So, u must get bio for 100%. Dropping 'things' when u dun have the confidence does not really means that u r weak, but shows that u wan everything to be perfect. Know u for years understand that u hope the things that u manage to do to be PERFECT100%. Come on, Thunders come before rainbow!Doctors fell down before they can walk n run...

Kai Xin said...

well...
juz be sure of u want in your life and go for it..

if u keep thinkin bout wat u will lose after doin something, it's hard for u to gain anything while doing it too.

some of my sis's frens din take physics for medicine as well and they go to great uni too.

takin physics is an advantage but if it let u lose focus on wat u wan, juz drop it.

all da best for u in ur journey to pursue ur dream.

Caryn said...

jz do ur best...don pressure urself and believe urself u can do it!!