We must have been insane to go for a trip under such hot weather. 28 celcius degrees with very few clouds blocking the sunlight. I haven't been sweating so much since I came here. It felt really uncomfortable to have my skin felt so sticky and the legs hurting so much from walking walking and walking.
Nevertheless I felt truly grateful to be there with the whole group of great friends. We had a lot of fun talking and joking. Besides, I haven't been exercising so much for a long time. =D
The trip was suggested by Kevin, a friend who studies in Hradec Kralove but staying in Prague currently. We went to this place called Cesky Raj. Even though we haven't heard of it but Kevin said it was a famous place in fact, haha. More Info
Set out 8+am in the morning, reaching under the hot sun at 10+am, then we started our adventure in the small town. There we found the cheapest restaurants we've seen from any of our trips so far, recommended by a nice lady in the information centre. After lunch we started a 8-km hiking trail. It was really really hot. I haven't felt so hot except when I was back in Malaysia, and we joked and said that this was a training before we went back to Malaysia this summer. Some parts of the trail was exposed to the fierce sunlight, while many are shaded by big green trees, reminding me very much of Malaysia and we saw some rock formations which were famous in this town.
We originally planned to visit a festival which was coincidentally being held on that day. However, we missed it because we missed a train back to the small town centre at the end of our trail. We sat at the small, look-like-abandoned train station for around 40 minutes just chatting and resting. Seriously, my legs were already hurting a lot by then.
Reached Prague at midnight feeling both extremely tired and uncomfortable due to the stickiness on the skin. Haven' been sweating so much for too long a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment