Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

One down, one more

I was awed by how blessed I was to have passed the Anatomy exam yesterday. Frankly speaking, I didn't perform as good as I'd liked myself to. If I wasn't so relieved about passing it, I'd be feeling down for my own poor performance during the examination. Meaning, I'm feeling really glad and grateful about it. Not only about passing the exams, but also about the support from family and good friends. I still don't understand, how could someone be so confident about me passing the exam that a "congratz" was written and left in my room even BEFORE I did the exam (and many more examples of people being "over confident", hehe)

I got the same examiner as I did in the 2 dissection tests I've had- Prof Grim. I guess this is a real funny coincidence as we have quite a lot of examiners for Anatomy, compared to Histology, with only 3. Till now, I wonder why he has given me a rather good mark for a question which I basically did very bad in. For the practical/dissection part, it was a Czech parallel examiner who examined me and he kept using Latin terms which made me confused sometimes. Even though he asked a lot of questions for each section and some weird questions like "SHOW me how do the Parkinson disease patients look like" (o_O), but he was a really nice guy who gave me lots of time to think ("don't worry we've got time" and "come on I know you know it, think..."). LOL.

Luck was obviously on my side. =p

After the exam Phyllis,who also passed, and I cooked a simple dinner for some friends. Then I watched a movie, then had a LONG sleep. Really satisfied with the sleep. Even though there's still Histology and Embryology, it felt good to leave one problem behind.

Started Embryology and was awed by the early human development, hehe. Not for the first time, that I realised while reading Embryology, the very existence of you and me here is a series of miracles. The Embryology text always reminds me how amazing is the formation of a complete human being from a single cell. And I was really awed to read that my tiny heart was already beating when almost no one in the world realised my existence. 21 or 22 days. Not even one month into my existence. And there were many many delicate processes which could have gone wrong but they didn't.

So, now, Histology and Embryology in 2 weeks. More than once I questioned myself "are you mad?!". It's another mission impossible. But I've got to try.


No comments: