Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Rome and Vienna

We arrived at Prague airport at around 10am, waited for a long time because the flight to Venice kept being delayed, and it was canceled before 12.30pm due to a flood in Venice. We had to wait till 7.30pm to board another flight to Rome instead. 


I saw a lot of buildings and statues we used to learn in History. Colossuem and Vatican were awesome! However, it was tiring because of the tight schedule and the bad weather (rain). We had to walk in the rain to see the fountains and statues! We were all wet when we got back to hostel from this special sight-seeing experience that night, haha.  


Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/taiyuxin/VaticanAndRome#


From 23rd till 25th December we visited Vienna, Austria. It was more relaxing compared to the trip to Rome, although it, too, involved a lot of walking. I guess it's an inevitable part of Europe tours. You see better when you walk. We don't have money for more luxurious means of transport anyway, haha! The other thing I really like about Vienna is its decorated Christmas Market! Surprisingly, the festive atmosphere of Vienna was much stronger than that in Rome. I realised that people of Vienna make use of lights to decorate their city. All the buildings, streets and statues were illuminated by beautiful lights. 


Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/taiyuxin90/Vienna#


There're actually more details, and more stories to be told from these trips, however, my battery hasn't been fully recharged since I came back, hehe. For more, please visit my picasa album! =D 


I must get more sleep before I get back to reality =p 


p/s I can't upload more photos because my Picasa Web Album storage is approaching 1GB (99%), unless I purchase further space T_T 


No comments: