Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ponggal Night


Hm.... wonder why were we all in punjabi suit? Hehe, it's because we all attended the Ponggal Night organised by the Indian Cultural Society of our college! It was held in the Dewan Serbaguna Bandar Baru Salak Tinggi last Friday(20th February). Since both of my housemates were involved, and my classmate Krisyanth would be one of the dancers, it seemed that I couldn't find a sound excuse not to attend, even though I have to admit that I had been trying to find one =p ... Well, I must emphasize that I think my decision to attend was the right one because I enjoyed the night.

Many of us started looking for a punjabi suit the night before. Why wear PUNJABI suit to attend an INDIAN festival celebration? I wondered about this for a while, but came to the conclusion that it could be because it's easier to borrow and wear. I can't imagine how messy the situation would be if we all had to wear the sari... I figured this out when I witnessed how Maddy had to call her mum for help and tried a few times before she managed to wear the sari... and made the sari look like a sari. >.< (it's interesting though...)

As expected, most of the performances were dancing! That's another culture I found interesting, and I've always thought that the talent of dancing is in their gene pool... Many of them were good dancers, including Reena and Krisyanth. I had my eyes wide opened due to surprise when Krisyanth started dancing... in fact, we were shocked to see him appeared in his gorgeous golden/yellow suit, haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jz a sudden thought of our dear choir team last time..bt that s kebaya(though macam slp robe la><)keke..great to c u finally wont anti-social liao yea..keke..come bite me la:P~~