Pages

Friday, October 02, 2009

Start of the term

It was good, really, to start the first year of medical studies, although a professor has kindly reminded us that it's not wise to call ourselves 'medic students' yet, which is kind of true I believe. Studying Anatomy really is like studying a new language. Language of medicine. Histology was okay, but Biophy was a disaster. Anything to do with Physics was never good for me anyway. The syllabus goes VERY fast. Faster than we expected so most of us just couldn't finish the parts before the lectures or seminars. Some professors' accent is difficult to understand, so we have to be really really concentrate to catch half of what they're saying, and it's tiring... Histology building and school canteen is far from Anatomy, Biophy etc. We've been walking very fast like in a marathon for the past 4 days. No wonder Ms Shirley told us: 'Don't walk with Malaysian speed. Walk with Prague speed.'

We had our first Anatomy seminar just now, which was great! (Not that it's a big deal or anthing =p ), but we studied the sturctures of upper limbs with real (but very old) human bones. We even get to borrow the bones on certain days to study on our own. After studying the real bones I realise it's much more interesting and easier than staring at the pictures in the book for hours...

It's getting colder here in Prague, and the daylight is becoming shorter, but the seniors said the current temperature is nothing compared to the winter's.

Here come the bad stuffs...

I feel like I've been very unlucky for the past week. I'm NOT kidding. I'm not superstitious, but it definitely wasn't a smooth week.

First, it was the bank. My appointment was arranged much later than any of my friends'. In fact I was the last in our group to open the account and there was a 2 days' gap between our appointment. Okay, fine, no big deal. I didn't recieve the pin code I was supposed to have recieved until about 1 hour ago. Again I was the ONLY one, excluding the MARA students. I didn't recieve my IBAN format which I need to give to JPA until one and a half ago. And, the bank officer didn't go to the office for 3 days, plus the bank system was down yesterday, I couldn't take my debit card, although my appointment was yesterday. Today, again I went to the bank to collect my card and the other officer refused to give me because I don't have my passport (which is with Ms Shirley, for some foreign police stuffs...), when OTHER PEOPLE got theirs without their passports this very morning...

Anyone still wondering why I don't like anything to do with finance or banks?!

Second, the internet. I registered for internet at the hostel on Tuesday. I'm supposed to have recieved an email with the instructions and password to proceed to the next step. A friend who registered about 5 minutes ealier than me, with the same person in the office, has got her email yesterday morning. As you must have guessed by now, I HAVEN'T. What's worse, the office is not opened today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. I have no one to tell to solve the problem! Everytime it's opened, it's only for a few hours. It's opened on Monday but my schedule is PACKED. So the earliest I could go to complain is on Tuesday (or later, haven't checked my timetable). Great. Haven't counted the time they'll need to settle the problem, with their 'efficiency'. I can use my roommate's computer. Cool. But I want the internet on MY OWN LAPTOP. So this is too much to ask for?? Or I can use the computer lab. I went down 3 times on Wed night, 2 times yesterday night, it was FULL. Seriously I don't have the time to walk the staircases up and down several times to check on the computer lab everytime I want to use it.

So, everything is PERFECT, excluding the internet and the bank. Amazing efficiency.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, erm, may be 'bad things' trained u to be a better independet student? haha... if i were u, i guess i wont be able to arrange my things alone well... herm... so congrates that u have reach there. =) happy mooncake festival (i mean tmr - 3rd oct).. wish u earlier... bye!

cheeyuen said...

jia you o...take care =)

Caryn said...

i think u will be more tough after experienced all of this... gampateh ya!! dr...