On Thursday all classes were cancelled because we would be having our matriculation ceremony in the afternoon. I was spreading butter on my bread (which I soon realised, was mouldy) when ye ling said 'it's snowing!', haha, so I immediately abandoned my bread and ran to the window to have a look. It's quite difficult to differentiate it from raindrops because the snowflakes were very tiny, but there were white nevertheless. However, not long after that it became rain... until today it's raining, almost non-stop.
Later that morning, we went to have a look at the apartment we hoped to rent. The wind was seriously strong and it was cold (for us). Luckily I had the thick coat and scarf. The apartment wasn't as near to school as we hoped at first, but it was definitely nearer than our current accommodation. It's 3 tram stops away from the faculty and we estimated that 3 tram stops wouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Most importantly, majority of us really liked the house. It's at the top of the building which is 5-level high, and it's got 2 stories inside. Well, one and a half actually, but the attic is more than okay for me. Plus, it's got a dining space, spacious kitchen, a space which is something like a living room... well, in short, it's more like a home than a hostel. Besides, the price is reasonable. The only disadvantage would be it's only partly furnished, means we'd have to buy the beds, wardrobes and stuffs on our own, but the total rent for 6 years would be lower than those which are fully furnished. Anyway, mostly probably the decision would be made this evening, whether we'd rent that apartment or not.
After that, we went to Karolinum for our matriculation ceremony, which housed the Charles' University since 14th century. The ceremony wasn't much actually. The deans and professors (i assume) came in with black robes, which Vincent has kindly reminded me that it's like Harry Potter. The only exception was the highest dean (I supposed), who wore red robe. The speech was mostly in Czech language so we couldn't understand a thing. Then, we queued up to touch the... metal mast (?) and then shake hand with the dean. Hm... end of story, haha. The ceremony was short, a rare situation for us.
It seemed to be full of activities, but that day I was quite busy studying for our first Anatomy credit test. We need to collect enough credits from these test to sit for the final exam, so, small a test as it is, it's important. Senior told us they weren't so scared of these credit tests, but since it was our first, I wasn't really sure what they would ask. We just had the test this morning, luckily it went okay. However I've realised my current speed is not enough to do well in the future. We concentrated too much on this test, until I totally forgot to prepare for the stuffs which would be taught today, yet I felt I wasn't good enough in the test. Besides that, just a few days ago, we were told by our Histology professor to 'start learning', because when he asked questions, most of us couldn't answer, when in fact those things are exactly what he was going to ask in our credit test, which is in 2-week's time. Conclusion, I need to accelerate. A LOT.
5 comments:
hmm... you are under stress.... well, it's only the beginning of your medicine... Yes, accelerate pace to make sure you will be able to cope and follow the syllabus. But, I am sure you know that to have too much pressure and all sort of thoughts inside your head may lead you to the opposite side. So, manage the study, manage your time and most of all, manage yourself well.
Haha don't worry I'm doing fine =) Ppl told me "it's impossible to know everything in medicine", haha... so i guess I'll just keep trying my best and have no regrets! =p
Those are just tests, not credit test.. Credit test is much harder than those small tests because it requires your knowledge for the whole semester but small tests just require you to study maybe 1 topic. Anyway final exam is the hardest and I HATE it :p
oo.. I thought "tests that must be passed to gain credits" = "credit tests"... no? =p
That is partially true, haha.. In the case of anatomy.. If you pass all the tests you will get the credit directly at the end of semester. but even if you fail all tests, you can take credit test and obtain credit by passing it. it is of course harder to pass but my friends who took it think it is good because it forced them to study :p
but in the case of biochemistry, you need to pass all small tests and must take credit test(even if you pass all tests), that's why I don't like my chemistry teachers :p
Post a Comment