Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I'm in Prague!

I haven't been able to give much news except to my family for the past week. Honestly I was a bit annoyed by some incidents after we arrived here. There were some problems with rooms (which we've come to a solution, at least I hope so) and I hadn't been able to online until just now.

I guess the best part of being here so far is to visit the places I longed for. I used to put a picture of Charles' Bridge on my desktop to motivate myself to work my best for it, and last night I was there standing on the bridge itself shooting photo and taking in the beautiful night scene of Prague city and the river. A few days ago we also visited the Old Town Square at night and I was totally amazed by the scene. Oh ya... yesterday, we went to Prague castle, another famous tourists' spot here.

The weather here is cool. It's like being in Cameron Highlands everyday, only colder, and much colder in the morning and night, haha. It was 8 degree celcius the first night we were here. And I'm totally satisfied with the public transport here. With the transport pass we can use all the metro, tram and bus within Prague city.

Perhaps the only inconvenience here is that generally people can't speak English. This has caused certain amount of troubles (and hilarious moments) for us, especially in shopping malls and with the receptionists of our hostel. Besides that, the items here are usually more expensive than in Malaysia.

Hundreds of photos will be uploaded once I have excess to internet using my laptop. I'm currently using the internet in the computer lab of our hostel.

Sorry for not being able to describe in details. I really don't like using public computer to blog. And please understand my frustration due to not having internet excess...

Update
KLIA: http://picasaweb.google.com/taiyuxin/KLIA#
Frankfurt and PRAGUE: http://picasaweb.google.com/taiyuxin/JourneyToPrague#

1 comment:

sheay's said...

Good to hear that you are totally enjoying your time there! Haha.... wait till it's snowing in December! You will be hopping for joy!