We went to Melaka by bus at noon.

Had our lunch at a Nyonya restaurant in Heeren Street. The food shown in the photo was Pongteh.

The Dutch Square. Went into Christ Church next to the Queen Victoria Fountain but phototaking was not allowed inside.
The second time I visited the ruin of A Famosa (Porta de Santiago). I went there during secondary school to take a photo of the remaining gatehouse for my History project.
The ruin of St. Paul's church on top of the small hill.
Statue of St. Francis Xavier outside St Paul's church. I was wondering why there was no right hand. Turned out, in the morning after the consecration ceremony, a large casuarina tree fell on it and broke off the right arm.
As a child I was always told "look at the big ship!" when we passed by the Maritime Museum. Alfonso de Albuquerque, Lopez de Sequiera etc. reminded me so much of History in secondary school. But of course I can't remember anything I memorised except some names. =p
Church of St. Francis Xavier was beautiful. I took this photo at dusk.
With the lights on, the historical buildings were even more beautiful.
We also had Satay Celup for dinner then went to Jongker's Street at night. When we arrived home it was already 11.30pm. It was not a place for excitements, but definitely a great place for phototaking. It was tiring as we mainly relied on our feet to bring us from one place to another for almost 10 hours. However it was good to have visited with friends a famous tourist spot which was located only about 1 hour from my hometown.
1 comment:
omg...i regret i din follow u al go tat time... let go again ...hehe
Post a Comment