Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Self-declared Holiday

I went back to Muar on bus yesterday! Haha. We were actually having our trial exam since last week. Yesterday we had our Chemistry paper 1 ended at 12pm, then almost half of my class booked all the 12 seats of the van trip to KTM which was at 12.30pm, then off we went to our seld-declared holiday. I said it's 'self-declared' because others in KTT aren't having holidays except us. The papers which will be sitted on Thursday and Friday have nothing to do with us, plus Saturday and Sunday, we have 4 days of 'holidays'. Haha, AND, I have 5 days actually, because I've already passed the Malaysian Studies exam which they're going to sit for on Monday. Wahaha...

Chemistry practical on the first day of exam was a total DISASTER. We hardly had enough time to finish the experiments. I managed to get both experiments done in time. However, due to the fact that I was a bit panic by the end of it (and that they gave us the WRONG SOLUTION, and then had the solution changed half way, but only gave us 15 minutes extra time, and the experiment was really difficult), I read the WRONG reading from my correctly drawn graph! I was stupid enough to take the Y-axis to do my calculations instead of the X-axis. And, I didn't have time to really understand the principle behind the first experiment (I always need more time to understand chemistry...), I was simply following the instructions written there. >.< Biology practical wasn't that easy as well. We were supposed to draw a cartilage cell on a specimen of trachea, which, according to the instructions, were stained purple. But the only purple cells that could be clearly identified were the epithelial cell on the trachea wall... (I think they're ciliated epithelial cells but some said they couldn't see the cilia...). I ended up spending the last 40 minutes staring at the cells under the microscope. Well, I did see some tiny purple cells on the cartilage... but they're not so clear even if seen under the highest power... and they appeared so normal that the only thing I could label on my drawing was the nucleus... (we're not supposed to label cell surface membrane and cytoplasm because we SHOULDN'T be able to identify them using light microscope even though we know it's there...). It's supposed to be a 6-marks drawing! I'm sure we should label something else, but I really couldn't figure out... Except the disastrous Chemistry practical and the not-as-easy-as-ecpected Biolody practical, the others were fine. The Biology Paper 1 was quite challenging, but I don't mind learning new knowledge about Biology anyway, haha. Physics was easier than expected, the lecturer was being kind, haha... but I doubt the real exam would be that easy. Even if I get good results for Chemistry paper 1 and 2 this time, it doesn't prove anything because... I've done almost all of the questions (they're all past years questions) and I actually remembered the answers of 70% of them... Haha, one more thing... trial actually hasn't ended. We still have a Physics practical exam on next Tuesday...

Yesterday, after reaching home at 4+, I read newspapers, played with Girl Girl and Honey, played computer game, online... basically having a typical 'holiday'. Oh! Girl Girl gave me her 'hand' without me asking her to, haha... like a 'give me 5'. So cute. Too bad this kind of actions are hard to be captured with camera or handphone. Hehe, well... I guess today I should do a bit (a lot) of studying. Hopefully I can get my AS biolody done in this few days. I can't believe that, minus out the holidays and study week, the lecturers only have 1 week and 3 days to fnish their syllabus!! There should be no problem with Biolody, but Chemistry! And Physics!! We still have at least... 5 chapters to go... I'm going to see how they 'fly' (and I have to fly with them also >.<)

No comments: