Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Moon Cake festival week *updated*

I know it's a few days pass Moon Cake festival already, but in fact, the celebration at KTT had just 'officially' ended yesterday. Yesterday the MPP (well, 'Student Council' would sound much better...) had an activity. Many students gathered and walked up the 'hill' with lanterns. I didn't go, because I found it quite... unnecessary, to celebrate Moon Cake Festival 4 times...

Haha, actually I didn't really celebrate. What I meant was I did something related to it. Last Saturday, my bro and I had accompanied our little brother Ze to walk with a lantern. He didn't play with it long anyway, I guess partly because he is now the only child in the family. It was far more interesting when we hung lanterns around the house and ate together like what we did 2 years ago. There was also once when we celebrated Moon Cake festival together with my brother Han's birthday. Well, that day we also visited the dogs with lantern, haha. Honey didn't bother about it at all, but Girl Girl was quite scared of it. She kept herself at a distance from the lantern, but kept staring at it, haha, and barked also. At last we gave up the lantern and played with Girl Girl (with the ball). So was it considered a celebration?

When I got back here on Sunday night, a few of my classmates and I gathered and lit lantern, ate some moon cakes... we also told the malay friends about our legends and origin of the festival. Haha, but then we realised none of us knew how come Wu Gang and Yu Tu were said to be on the moon... =="

On Tuesday, the day our last paper ended (I didn't do well, did silly mistakes AGAIN), we received a sms at around 9... asking all the CzechMed members to gather again at 10.45pm. This time, we ate (again), then, at almost 11.30pm, we walked up the 'hill'. If there weren't 25 of us, I guess the walk there could be really scary. There were 2 routes up the 'hill', but we decided to go via the main road, which was longer, because we heard that there were snakes along the shortest route. We didn't go near the tangki which was located on the highest place of the 'hill', because it was really really dark without the lampposts... so we stopped halfway (in front of a school which is located even more remote than KTT). There was nobody else there. So we chit chatted and played games like some mad people (because I think nobody sane except us would walk to such areas to talk and played...). Some of them actually sang aloud on the way up... luckily nobody was living there... we nearly decided to go up the 'tangki', which was really really dark, and then... it started to drizzle!! So we had no choice but to walk back before the rain became heavy... Haha, we heard that the seniors, who did the same thing one day before us, really had to run back because it started to rain... Anyway, when we got back it's 12+ already... almost 1am. Luckily the next day was a holiday.


the 'bukit tangki'

So, that was what we did for the week... some of them joined the activity last night, but most of us didn't. I'm trying to finish off the syllabus myself these few days, and the only thing left is Physics! The last chapter!! Haha... I'm rather happy with my progress... but I've only done the notes and reading... will proceed to exercise as soon as I finish the last chapter today... ^^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, u had 'many' nice celebrations for moon cake fest... hehe... ya, ur smallest bro is quite pity... bcoz last time i also like that!... hehe... nobody accompany me to play lantern!... haha... but u r a good sister ar! hehe... my sisters also good la... hehe... they just help m to put out the fire if my lantern terbakar....