I've reached Muar last
Another academic year has passed in a glimpse of an eye. It feels just like yesterday when I headed home with a heavy heart and defeated spirit. It has truly been God's blessings that I've manage to finish 2nd year smoothly this time, however impossible it seemed to be.
I was feeling quite unsafe, taking my first exam (Physiology) on a very early date, the first day possible. It had always occurred to me as what the geniuses do, taking the pre-term and finishing off the exams before everyone else does. However due to a period of absence of possible exam dates in July and August, I had no choice but to push myself forward despite a bit of uncertainty. Besides, deep in my heart I was craving for a true summer holiday as I counted myself never knowing it. It was a great experience taking pre-term exams. Weak as I was in the face of stress, I was miraculously relatively (compared to previous exams) calm in the last week before the exam, as I trusted not in my own strength.
Unfortunately the second exam (Biochemistry) managed to dig out my fear and everything. I had 3 weeks plus to prepare, which was considerably short compared to the at least 2-month preparation I did for Physiology. I was losing in the struggle against stress and fear and would have given up if it had not been because of the support from family and amazing friends ='D. The trust and faith I had before Physiology exam was no where to be found and all day long I was worried and scared when I think of how much more I needed to study. I was basically mourning for my "gone" summer holiday already. I allowed past experience to speak convincingly to me, telling me that since I could fail once, I could fail twice. At this point, I realized that my so-called "faith" was sill dependent on circumstances, and I questioned my worth in God's eyes.
*fast forward*
As you probably have guessed, my second exam went great... my examiner was kind and understanding!
Up next, was another important stuff I had to do before I could come back - renewing the visa. For those who had booked a good time, it wasn't as bad as previous years, but as the date I was able to book was too late, I queued up early in the morning to make sure I get a number, and could get it done before the office closes. By "early morning", I mean 12am, so a friend and I left house at 11.30pm the previous day. It was rather dark in the the surrounding of the building, and there was no one else except a big spider, a huge slug and a busy hedgehog, so honestly I was really relieved to see police patrol car twice during the night, haha! Thank God people started arriving at 3am+ (who were Malaysians too!). We formed a big gang directly in front of the door and blocked some really rude people, which are the majority, from cutting queue! ^^ v
*fast forward*
Booking an air ticket with low price was "exciting" as well, there weren't many cheap and comfortable flights available, so at one point I thought all the tickets were sold out. After refreshing the Emirates webpage, which is famous for it's fluctuating flight seats availability and price, countless time, I was able to book a nice one, ignoring the 10-hour transit I had to endure in Dubai airport...
I'm really thankful to be home, and I truly appreciate this limited time when I couldn't care less about studies =p
Hehe sorry for the lack of photos in this post, would try my best to post more pictures next! =)
1 comment:
hey welcome back! hope that we can manage to go yam cha! looooong time no see... =) enjoy ur holiday!
Post a Comment