Two occasions are overrated - new years and birthdays.
New year. After the fireworks, the screams (not by me), the "wow it's a whole new year" moment, the resolutions, we're all left to continue the journey like we did last year. For example, I just spent the first day of 2011 trying to force my lazy and rusty brain to remember Physiology for a test coming up on Tuesday. I'm not complaining, but merely stating the fact. After all, it's time to be back in actions, living a life with purpose =p. Conclusion: the existence of new years is just to make marking the days/dates easier.
Birthdays. Simple- they're happy days when unhappy things like to happen on/near to?
Anyway, I miss the days when I could sleep at 12 midnight and wake up at 6 or 7 almost everyday, then felt happy when I could deliberately sleep for 1 more hour during weekends (minus feeling guilty because I overslept by half an hour or finished my dinners 15 minutes later than planned). Discipline is good indeed, if it's not driven by excessive stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment