我既不生活在过去,也不生活在未来,我只有现在
……如果你能永远停留在现在,那你将是最幸福的人。
因为生活永远是,也仅仅是我们现在经历的这一刻。
wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure
everyone on earth has a treasure that awaits him
never stop dreaming
I saw the English version of this book a few times before in book stores, but I never thought of buying it. However, I ended up buying the Chinese version of it in Popular a few days ago, without knowing that 牧羊少年的奇幻之旅 was actually The Alchemist.The English and the Chinese titles just don't match. I wouldn't have connected the two if I hadn't read the story.
Seriously, I know it's a modern classic and it's recommended by lots of people, even famous authors. However it really is a bit too symbolic to comprehend, although I know it's trying to convey something big to its readers.
Santiago found his treasures. But I think the true treasures were the knowledge and wisdom he gained from his journey. He crossed the sea and dessert in search of treasures he dreamt twice about, but they were actually so near to him. I think that's the main point: our treasures have always been so near to us, but most of us need to experience hardships before we can see clearly.
Maybe the excerpts are something to think about.
- 老巫师,你什么都知道,甚至还给我留了一点金子,好让我能回到这个教堂。看到我衣衫褴褛地跑回去,那修士都笑了,你就不能让我免遭这一劫?
- 不能。如果我事先告诉你,你就看不到金字塔了。它们很壮美,不是吗?
No comments:
Post a Comment