I went home, expecting nothing but another ordinary day with a bit of a cold (I wasn't feeling well), but once I got into the car, my mum filled me in on news that grandfather was seriously ill. I went to his house for lunch. When I called him he didn't seem to realise I was there. He was breathing quickly and noisily, apparently with difficulties. After lunch, I went back home, unaware that I wasn't going to see him breathing anymore.
About 3, my mum called from grandfather's house, telling us that he'd passed away. I was shocked, and numb. As I walked to grandfather's house, I was confused. Death was something too far away from me (though it never really was from anybody). I expected this day since grandfather was diagnosed with cancer, but seeing it happening and expecting it happening was not the same. Not at all.
Everyone was crying. I took a few minutes to digest that before I found my own eyes wet.
In the next few days, people coming to grandfather's house to pay their last respect. Though I never really enjoy noisy situations like that, but I was really glad that people remembered grandfather even after he'd died.
He's someone worth remembering forever.
1 comment:
ya, hard to believe that. i also got a shock when i knew about that. Anyway, u hv gone through. he can 'go' peacefully is some kind of luck, really. He will stay in everyone's heart forever.....
Post a Comment