Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Guard your ♥



[A message from Daily Bible Devotion]
Guard you heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Proverbs 4:23, NLT 

Do your feelings get hurt easily? Perhaps it's time you start guarding your heart. It is not fun walking around sulking and carrying grudges because you have been hurt. Why does this happen? Because you need to draw your strength from your heavenly Father. Pray to Him daily and ask Him to help you get rid of your sensitivity. It will require you to be willing to let go of your hurts. 

Get this Free Daily Devotion App:ANDROID: http://bit.ly/pE4x0CIPHONE: http://bit.ly/uJvpEW]


I opened into this app this morning, thinking of uninstalling it because I haven't used it for quite some while, but to find myself reading the latest entry, which is this message, and it touched my heart instantly. The first question "do your feelings get hurt easily" caught my eyes and as much as I wanted to deny it, the answer was yes. Oh yes, I'm oversensitive, I look outwardly for things to prove my values and identity and often get so heartbreaking-ly disappointed.

The last few days in the Undivided Conference was... simply said, awesome. Things were said and done as though pulling me up from this deep mud I've been trapped in. I don't remember enjoying an event so much before, really. And with all the people and programs there to help "guard" my heart, I found myself having much simpler emotions, or when I did fell back into the old habit, able to escape it in a much shorter time than I normally needed. Now that I'm back into the messy world, I should look to my heavenly Father even more for guidance of my heart. That, would be the resolution I derived from this awesome experience in Gyor.

No comments: