Last Sunday was really fun. I joined a group of church friends on a picnic trip to Karlstejn, which is a town about 45 minutes train from Prague and is famous for its castle. It was really good to go out with a new group of people (plus a few close friends in the group =p), though I didn't really talk much. (note the word "much", cuz I certainly DID talk to them)
*pictures says louder than words*
crazy people =p
the castle
there are some models behind
the Malaysians, hehe
picnic = foods + games + spiders crawling beside you
Speaking of it, I find my skill to chat with acquaintances really terrible. The conversations usually start with -
"Hi! How are you?"
"Great, thanks! How about you? How was your week?"
"Well it was okay/tiring/good.. how about yours?"
"......"
Within 10 sentences it ends with an awkward smile and one of us turning to someone else to repeat the same things. =.=" Sometimes I'd love to get to know new friends, IF I get pass this awkwardness and manage to extend the exchange of sentences beyond 20.
Anyway, another exciting stuff that happened this week was the Physiology lab on Tuesday. I don't mean to sound cruel and inhumane... but, it was the first time I cut open a living abdomen till the intestines were exposed and it was the first time I performed stitches to close a wound... on a poor rat. May I be excused for feeling excited despite the fact that... we were performing experiments on a living organism capable of feeling pain? It's really a mixture of feelings. And, the speed of the intestine peristalsis movement made us go (o_O).
Besides this, I was also having labs of Microbiology 5 mornings this week. Despite being totally boring sometimes, it was fun growing the bacteria and testing the bacteria on our fingers and random places like the sole of shoes, door knobs, toilet.... really, you don't wanna know the results =p Important messages to convey: dry your hands with towels/tissue everytime you wash with gel, don't leave them to dry in the air; and bring solid soap but not shower gel to bathe before entering a swimming pool... =) Today's lab ended with a highlight - smelling the smell of anaerobic bacteria after being grown in the culture for 48 hours, which smelled like.... well, you-know-what, and then we evacuated, according to the professor who kindly showed me the culture quite close to my nose.
No comments:
Post a Comment