We were created by God for relationships, with Him and with each other. The greatest commandments are all about relationships, but relationships are messy and hard.
For me this statement is hanging. The commandments are supposed to be enough? It's one thing knowing, the other doing.
We are told to love. How??
Patient and kind. How??
Not jealous. How??
Do not demand our own ways. How??
Forgive. How??
EXACTLY how?!
10 comments:
I don't know much about the commandments.
but there's one thing I hold dear.
and that is, do unto others what you would have done to yourself.
means.
love others as you love yourself.
be patient as your patience to your own failure.
kind as you wish kindness upon yourself.
Avoiding jealousy as you would wish people to not envy yourself.
Not demanding as you wouldn't want people to demand from you.
perhaps this logic has many loopholes. but i guess thats what i believe and try to practice.
btw, guess who ;)
dang. i left out forgive.
forgive as you would want to be forgiven =)
Who?
who do u know that usually kaypo kaypo? =P
lalala~
but i guess only recently i've been actively blog-hopping again. whee!
Erm... I still have no idea...
it's fikri =)
Haha, I didn't know you have this Blogger account... i thought it's another one? By the way what happened to your blog?
haha. its the same one. just changed the userID =P
my blog had been too mutilated that i had to cut off the abomination =(
will see if i can find the the blogging "soul" another time.
by the way, great blog. keep up the good job. i've been silent so far because i keep procrastinating in changing my userID but have been lurking XD
7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7
Let this be a moulding process of you learning to love.
to me, long time ago I acknowledge and surrender my heart to Him. I learn't that if we want to lead we must first learn to be led.
go and spend some time reflecting on the questions you ask and why is it so hard for you? Is it becoz of pride, people's incompetence, lack of faith or patience,etc.
=) God bless.
I would count myself as the most low self-esteem to the point where I have threw my pride away =) sometimes to the point where it's kinda a loser scenario thats why I always serve people before me. But when I come back to the point of who am I doing for and serving or trying so hard to live in peace... it'll be to set the right example of Christlike. If it's Jesus, what will He do? =)
Post a Comment