Pages

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Iron Man 2 - not a movie review

If I remember correctly, the first and last movie I watched with my ex-classmates in PM1 back in Taylor's was the Iron Man, which really impressed me. I'm just suddenly feeling nostalgic as I just came back from watching Iron Man 2 with Xiang Yan and Phyllis, and meeting quite some fellow students from my university in the cinema.

The review was probably right. It wasn't as good as the first one in my opinion. Maybe I went watching Iron Man 1 expecting a typical superhero movie and turned out enjoying a funny and action-full and special one. However some of the funny conversations in the movie did add up some marks for the movie.

The one that left the deepest impression in me was probably "It's your fault, but I just wanna say sorry." Not solely because of the funny effect it instantly caused, but also the depth of the sentence that sinked in afterwards.

How many times that we refuse to say sorry because we want to prove that we're right, and end up losing something much greater than a 'sorry'? For a few moments of pride? It's not worth it. So what's if it's not your fault? So what if someone dear to you makes some mistakes, and sometimes, snobbish enough to deny them? If that someone is dear to me, I'd say I'll pay a hundreds sorry to keep that person. (Not to mention, when it's really my fault... which is the more frequent case in fact) I'm not suggesting that we should keep letting someone make mistakes. Instead I'm talking about... not letting precious relationships decay due to a moment of ego. Afterall, meekness is not weakness. Most of the time we need a good relationship to guide and help.

3 comments:

Xiang Yan said...

I said sorry for something I never done before, yeah they framed me. I did that just to keep the friendship but then I did not manage to save the friendship, instead I lose more friendship because of that 'sorry'. So after that incident, I will never say sorry if I think I am right. So, don't say sorry if you are right:)

Charlotte said...

i'm sorry for you experience...

I'd say it depends on situation sometimes... no? =)

i won't say sorry if i'm being "framed", but i'd say sorry if there's misunderstanding involved =)

Xiang Yan said...

yeah bad luck..

Just don't say sorry if you are right:)