This January must have been the best time I 've had in KTT(so far). The first of all surprises came on a 6th January, when I was told by my roommate that we were going to have a meeting regarding the food and beverage for Chinese New Year celebration. Being a supportive, kind and helpful etc. roommate (*ahem*=p), I showed up on time for it. After I arrived at 'Bintang Walk', other people in my class turned up one by one. Although I thought it was a bit weird, but I came to the conclusion that maybe they were having meetings as well, or they simply wanted to meet up and discussed on something.
It was 30 minutes passed the time the meeting was supposed to start, and Adeline, the assistant of the Food And Beverages group still hasn't showed up, when I started to suspect that something unusual was going on. Besides, people around us started to talk about 'games' and 'groups', which sounded really bizarre for a normal night like that. Then I started to think hard and remember what occasion was that day. Sure enough, I soon found out that there wasn't any meeting at all! Instead, they had planned some games as celebration for us who were born in January. That would include me, Agnes, Ye Ling, Nadia and Zuhair. The games were real fun for me. I was carried on a chair by Ron and Faiz, I had to drink a 'delicious' drink specially prepared by Estella - bread + raw eggs + ?? (can't remember, hehe), Ron had to kiss a worm and carried some on his shoulder etc. Overall, it was a night to remember. ^^ If something was even more memorable, it would be having a ROTTEN egg smashed on my shirt (which wasn't even being aimed at me at the first place T.T) , and flour on my face.
10th January was Ye Ling's birthday. At 12am, we gathered at her apartment and sang her a birthday song. Initially we were having fun chatting (and a bit of gossping), but it soon turned out to be a war of powder(爽身粉). I became one of the victims even though I wasn't even the birthday girl... T.T After our class ended at 12 that day, having told Ye Ling that we were all going out to look for caterer for CNY celebration (since we were in the Food and Beverages group for CNY celebration), we gathered earlier at Pizza Hut waiting for Ye Ling, who thought there were only going to be Estella, Bong and Izzaty celebrating for her. Despite having waited for at least 40 minutes because their taxi was delayed, and being left at Pizza Hut without transport, we had a great time there.
Then came my 19th birthday (which many people assumed to be 18th... well....). It was a Tuesday, the busiest day in the whole week because our schedule was packed and we had class till 7pm. The night before, I was being extra careful, after seeing how people had fallen into traps on their birthday. When I arrived at apartment after studying at 11+, I wasn't expecting anything because it wasn't even 12am yet, but my classmates and housemates were proven more 'creative' than I expected them to be (or was I being too naive?). Adeline said 'hi' very excitedly when I entered my unit, but I thought she was just being... excited. >.< Then I saw Reena smiling very suspiciously. Before I could do anything else, I found people running out of one of the rooms and started pouring powder on my head! As usual, jokes and chatting followed, before they all escaped to their apartments to prevent me from taking revenge on them =p
Despite Tuesday being the busiest day of the week, my classmates and housemates were willing to spend their precious time celebrating for me. We went to KFC for dinner, where they confiscated my purse to stop me from paying for my own food, and then had cakes after going back to KTT. This time, I had cream over my cheeks, thanks to Reena and Maddy, haha. Not to mention, I got some really nice and thoughful presents and cards (containing essays inside)!
Actually, one of the best presents would be realising the existence of nice friends out there. It never crossed my mind that a group of friends would celebrate my birthday for me like that. For the umpteenth time, I realised I'm one of the lucky people.
Of course, this post cannot be ended before mentioning someone else... Hui Jie, thanks for calling! Although I was a bit busy when you called, but I truely, deeply appreciate your call (and you yourself!^^) I cannot describe with words, how I appreciate you as one of my closest and most trusted friends. Shir Ying, thanks a million for calling! Like I said in your blog, your call was really really significant for me. =) And equally appreciated are emails, sms and calls from my other friends (may you be old or new friend) and FAMILY! All your greetings were utterly heart-warming...^^
No comments:
Post a Comment